Wage and fringe bond

Miriam asked this on July 29, 2017 in Surety Bonds

Do I need to secure a surety bond for wage and benefits if I signed a letter of assent?

Danielle answered this on August 07, 2017

Hello Miriam,

Generally speaking, you should only need a wage and welfare benefits surety bond if a union is requiring you to file one to ensure payment of wages. To verify if you'd need a bond, you simply need to contact your union as the union ultimately determines if and when a surety bond is required. If you do find out from your union that you must file a surety bond, please call our team at 1 (800) 308-4358 for bonding assistance. You can learn more about wage and welfare bonds here: https://www.suretybonds.com/wage-welfare-bonds.html