Vehicle has mechanic lien

Karen Lee asked this on April 05, 2017 in Surety Bonds

My vehicle has no title. Past ownership never answers, doesnt care for vehicle at all, & Ive tried in every way to contact the person to no avail. To get a title so i can prove ownership, what do I do to get title in my name!!🙂


Amber answered this on April 06, 2017

Hi Karen,

The procedure for obtaining a title that has a mechanic's lien against it will be different in every state. Contact your local DMV's office and the state's Department of Transportation to learn the proper procedure in your state. If you find that you need a certificate of title surety bond, give us a call at 1 (800) 308-4358 and we'll get you bonded. Hope this helps!