Tax preparer

Miguel Marquez asked this on January 17, 2018 in Surety Bonds

We are thinking about opening an Incometax preparation service office and would like to know if each tax preparer would need a Surety Bond. Please advise

Danielle answered this on January 24, 2018

Hello Miguel,

The answer to your question depends on the state in which you're opening your business because each state has its own licensing requirements.

That said, one of the most popular bond we sell is the California Tax Preparer Bond. If you're asking about becoming a licensed tax preparer bond in California, you can find more information online here:

To discuss your potential bonding needs with a tax preparer surety bond expert, simply call 1 (800) 308-4358 between 7 AM and 7 PM CST.