If a surety bond company, headquartered in SD, refuses to pay what recourse does one have?

Tom Branca asked this on January 03, 2018 in Surety Bonds

Our home was burglarized by an employee of a home-care company while we were on vacation. The owner of the company apologized in a text and email so we have written documentation. Their bonding company, Western Surety Company, simply refuses to acknowledge it and refuses to pay their bond. They keep saying they are getting additional documentation and it has been months! Where do we turn for help? Much appreciated!!!

Danielle answered this on January 25, 2018

Hello Tom,

Unfortunately we aren't going to be able to help you with this question. SuretyBonds.com is an online surety agency whereas Western Surety Company is a backing surety/insurance provider who guarantees bond obligations. You should be working with their claims department regarding the dispute at hand. For additional assistance in filing a claim, it might be helpful to contact a local attorney who would be able to advise you further. Best of luck.