how do I make a claim against a contractor's surety bond?

Brandon Shimizu asked this on July 12, 2016 in Surety Bonds

We had a subcontractor who did less than quality work. He is a sider, and the siding leaked, causing a great deal of water damage (and mold) in a new home. He would not come back and make repairs to the job. I would like to attach his bond to seek restitution.


Amber answered this on October 03, 2016

Hi Brandon,

You'll need to contact the subcontractor's bonding company in order to begin the claims process. Hope this is helpful!