Handiman work?

Mark Aldridge asked this on February 24, 2017 in Performance Bonds

Is there a type of bond for handiman services?


Amber answered this on February 27, 2017

Hi Mark,

This one is tricky because in many states, a handyman might be considered a contractor. Check with your state and local contractor licensing agencies, and brush up on your area's laws to be sure you will not be considered a contractor.

If you find out you don't need to be licensed and/or bonded, you have the option of purchasing a business service bond. However, these bonds are aimed at protecting against theft, and don't necessarily guarantee the quality of your work.

For the best information, check with your state and then contact a surety agency. You can get in touch with our surety experts at 1 (800) 308-4358.