Can you get an auto surety bond for a none running car in Illinois

Dennis Richardson asked this on December 28, 2018 in Surety Bonds

I have a car that needs restored. Does not run or drive. But would kike to get that process out of the way. Is it possible to obtain a bond for that?

Jon answered this on December 31, 2018


You may be able to purchase a bond to obtain a bonded title for the vehicle. However, it is at the state's discretion as to whether a bond will be acceptable, so we highly suggest speaking to the Secretary of State's office to verify that they will accept a bond. If the state will allow a surety bond, Illinois title bonds are available for purchase online in minutes. Thank you for your interest in working with!